Monday, May 25, 2015

The Path of The Horseman by Amy Braun

The Path of The Horseman is an adventurous story that takes place right after the biblical apocalypse. The four horsemen, Avery (Pestilence), Simon (Famine), Kade (War) and Logan (Death) are abandoned by heaven after fulfilling their purposes and are left to dwindle around on Earth in human bodies, fighting demons and scrounging for living supplies. Things change when they run into a band of humans that has somehow survived the apocalypse and that is now the target of one of the toughest demon leaders around.

This was a very fun read. The abandoned Las Vegas setting, the touching and memorable characters and the decisions they are forced to make drew me in much more than I was expecting. I laughed. I cried. It's seriously the most emotional I've been over a book in a long time. I've never really thought about the horsemen as characters before--beyond the show Supernatural--and loved the unique twist Braun provided to an otherwise overdone genre of the post-apocalyptic. Five stars for an excellent read!

*****

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm really happy you enjoyed the novel so much. :)

    ReplyDelete